Friday, November 28, 2014

Iron runner

The year of the Grand Prix USATF-NE series comes to a close (
Great year running for Central Mass Striders Women's Team! I ran each race in the series for 2014 so I qualified to be an IronMan Runner for the Grand Prix!

I am honored to be a part of this series, undoubtedly one of the hardest in the US. If not for the races, the completion and competition ! New England runners are cut throat and wicked fast , I was happy to finish in the top half if not the top ten for the races! Teams include: Boston Athletic Association , Whirlaway, just to name a few -Greater Lowell too.

The races I completed were 10 miler in Feb, a  5K in March , a half marathon in March the day after amarathon , a 5 miler in June ( a PR ), a 15 k in August ,  a 10k in September and the marathon in Nov!

I helped my team score for the marathon which I am super proud of!
Love my team and I have learned much this year about speed work, helping others , and gutting it out ....


Bring on the series for 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment