Thursday, May 21, 2015

Moutain Series

The first race of the USATF-NE Grand Prix Mountain Series was last Sunday- Sleepy Hollow 10 k outside of Burlington. , VT.



The weather was a little warm,72 , but overall good with a breeze .

The course was trail on a ski slope on grass, mud , dirt , trail and more grass.

Loved it. Ups and down and then a few stretches of flat path . Mainly shaded. 


I took off too slowly conserving energy , but I felt good the whole race . No leg or glute issues which have been plaguing me this year . Energy high , I felt I could of ran the course again at the end.... 
A good sign. I racked up some good points towards the series and placed in the top 20, I ll take it . Hill training 3 ties weekly had increased my strength along with core work .


I have 6 more Mountain races this summer including MT. Washington in June, my fav from 2014, uphill for 7 miles .


VT marathon this Sunday. 

Thank you to my wonderful sponsors
Amrita Health Foods
Swiftwick Socks
Karhu Shoes
Lace Locker
Honey Stinger  

No comments:

Post a Comment