Sunday, October 1, 2017

Back to back

Akron
It was planned far in advance I was trained and fit
Ready for 26.2
Not ready for the heat 
Prepared well and arrived at the start early- not ready for 67 degrees.Started and was drenched by mile2, I pushed and followed my plan. At mile 7 I decided to stop at 13.1. I made this choice as it was not a PR day for me and I was really quite overheated then. I picked up the pace and brought it in. Finished out with 20 miles.




Regret? Yes
A PR I could of had? Perhaps 
Lesson learned? Gut it out







The next day I raced a 10k with my CMS team






I felt great even only after 3 hours of sleep. Legs not ready for an all out, but definitely a solid effort
Brought it in and scored for the team! Thrilled!
We came in second!
So happy and a small piece of redemption from Akron.
Again lesson learned. Arrive and do not think too much, just RACE






No comments:

Post a Comment