Monday, October 14, 2013

Marathon Wisdom

   Good Friends mean the World to me
Marathon #88 and SubFour State # 42 this past Sat in Hartford CT. Running in very tired legs from Nahant 30k, not fun. Mentally tough and really my whole body started to ache at Mile 14! Not a good sign! I used my words of " stride"  and " you got this" - helped, but unable to push to  a PR. 318, 4th in Age Group of 178 and 38th Women of 1154. Cool. One more Manchester NH to go. 
Best Part: I finally got to meet Elite Karhu Runner Meagan Nedlo whom ran to a 4th place in the half. Meeting also first time with Seongtaek Kwon. Global Manager Web Karhu International and Craft Sportswear. He has supported me and my racing efforts with Team Karhu this year. Tremendously. Inspiration and love to Karhu and for the stamina power it helps to impart onto others) 
My great friend Cheryl Cleary was in the elite tent and told me about the candy and granola bars there - so cool- she is amazing and came in 12 th OA in the Half Marathon
Grant Stieglitz whom just won another marathon Sunday in Iowa, gave me words of wisdom, " no one is running but yourself", easy right? How I tend to forget this . Thank you. This weekend was made tremendous by friends and experiences made with them- love.
Now to rest for Manchester, NM Marathon the USATF-NE marathon championship race November 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment