Wednesday, November 11, 2015

OH Elyria 26.2

Nov. 8 2015 was OH and a 26.2 race )
I was here to upgrade my state to a BQ status. All of my 49 states I have ran a marathon in are BQ 'a except for 4, OH being a state I am redoing over the upcoming 6 months )

The day was perfect. 40 at the start and 45 at the finish

Nice out n back

Gorgeous bike path and very quiet

To get my mind back on track - I kept conservative for the first 14 miles, 800-757 pace

I felt good at mile 18 then at 20 to pick it up to 750 with one 730 mile in

Finished 329. Definite not a good time, but mentally I was strong and feeling good- now ready to push the pace to a sub. 315 this year ))))

Third women overall!!!! 

Next PA buck county marathon Nov 15
Then my last state Hawaii Dec 13.
 My best friend Beth Pellerito was with me- smashed the half marathon and provided mental support. Love you friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment