Thursday, October 20, 2016

Empire State

Marathon number 115

Perfect overcast weather 50 degrees
Felt ready and slept well for a change
Started once again too slow, but once I saw I was in the lead picked it up

The best part was having a lead and behind bike lead the whole race. I felt very special 

Miles 14-18 yuk. Pit spot which significantly lowered my finish time a D I expended too much energy trying to get back on pace

Miles 20-26 grand. Kept a 710 steady and negative split the race!
Broke the tape which was thrilling 
Happiest to be done.

Felt strong. Ready for a 305 in November at KY state championship marathon on the 6th.
Big thanks to 

Skechers Performance- GORun4's
Swiftwick socks- 12' pink
Honey Stinger- 2 chocolate gels
LaceLocker- Blue LaceLockers
Amrita- PreRace half of a Maca Chocolate Bar
Runinrabbit- post race sweet trucker hat
NuttZo- PreRace PB
My coach- Justin Gillette 

Next up Ghost Train 45 mile ultra Oct 22

No comments:

Post a Comment